IELTS Speaking Part 2 and 3 Sample Answer

Remember that in part 2, it is important to take notes in a style and format that enables you to speak fluently and easily without having to think of what to say. When you take notes, you don’t try to write sentences in the one minute given, but instead you write the ideas that you will discuss to answer each question. Afterwards when you are speaking, you must take these ideas and form them into sentences. In the example below, you can see in written form how we take the ideas and form them into sentences used when speaking. In the live examples, we used this method and you heard how well the response was given. For a high grade, focus on your sentence variety, language use, foundational grammar, and connecting ideas together through language.
Divide your answer into 4 parts as there are normally 4 parts (questions) that need to be addressed. 

Cue Card (Part 2)

Describe the perfect job for you.

Please say;


  1. What is this job?
  2. Why did you choose this job?
  3. What are the skills required for it?

Answers;


1. A car, BMW 5 series, 4 door, 2008
2. With brother
a. And cousin
3. A. to save money
a. Same work schedule
b. environment
4. Inspired
a. warm
b. helpful

So you can see that I listed that ideas that I will form sentences around. There is no need to look back at the question. If I follow my notes and speak on these ideas, I will completely answer the question. The focus is on demonstrating fluency, control, and expertise with the language.

1. Describe something that you share with someone else. Please say What it is?

 Although I have shared many items over my lifetime since I come from a big family, the one most recent shared item that I will discuss is an automobile. Specifically, I am talking about my 4-door, 2008, BMW 5 series car. It is actually a great car and is ranked as one of the best cars to own for long term performance. It is not my first car that I have owned, but it is the first car that I have shared with others.

2. Who you share with?

 Many people don’t know that I have a twin brother, and he happens to be one of the special individuals that I share a car with. He is a little bit taller than me, but other than that you can’t tell us apart. In addition to my brother, I also share this BMW with my cousin who is 2 years older than my brother and I.

3. Why you share it, and

 It is very interesting how we came to share this fast, exciting, and beautiful automobile. We were all just starting our careers after finishing our master degrees and money was something that none of us really had. My brother and I acquired employment at the same company and our cousin was working across the street from there. As a result of us all working in the same basic location, and having very little money, we decided to all go in on buying a nice vehicle. It works out very well for us, because we all care about the environment and having just one car between us helps this cause.


4. How you feel about sharing it?

When I think about sharing the BMW, I actually have a warm feeling that comes over my body because many people believe that humans can’t share a car and we are proving this wrong. I feel very helpful to the environment, and most importantly, I feel inspired to encourage others to share their cars.

Remember there is no real difference in strategy between answering questions in Part 1 and Part 3. Part 3 will be an extension of the question topic in Part 2. The difference in question style between Part 1 and Part 3 is that Part 3 questions are more complex in nature and often require answers that will require you to express deep thought using the English language. So the goal here is:

Answer Directly – Extend/Explain – Extend/Explain More (2-3 Sentences Per Question).

Discussion (Part 3)


Should children be taught to share? 

Answer: A central ethical theme that every parent should instill in their child it the concept of sharing. When we think about a great human being, sharing is something that always comes to mind. Not teaching a child to share is a disservice to their future.

What things should children share and what are the things that they shouldn’t be sharing? 

Answer: It is difficult to think about an item that a child should not share, but I suppose that they shouldn’t share their bodies with strangers. When it comes to items to share, there are too many to count, but games, toys, and their time are some good choices.

Should students share accommodation? 

Answer: For students? Yes definitely because students are often poor and learning to share is a great way to save money. In addition sharing could provide the opportunity to have a good study partner.

What are the advantages and disadvantages of that?

Answer: Some of the drawbacks include too much noise, friends coming over, and having different lifestyles. A few positives could be reduced expenses, added security, and someone to talk to in difficult times.

 Practice makes man perfect. Best of luck.

 


IELTS Speaking Part 2 and 3 Sample Answer IELTS Speaking Part 2 and 3 Sample Answer Reviewed by sdfdr on March 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: