IELTS Speaking - Names, Museums, Being in a hurry and Birthdays


IELTS Speaking Questions Answers about Names

1 Does your name have any special meaning?
Yes, my name has a special meaning. My name is Kiran. It means a ray of light. My name is
very significant for me. It has been my identity for the last 56 years. It is a gift given to me by
my parents. It brings out positive feelings from within me. I am proud of my name.

2 Is your surname very common in India?
My surname is Makkar. I think it is very common. I know many people with this surname.

3 Do you like your name?
Yes, I love my name. It is my identity. It is the meaningful name. It is my parent's gift to me.

4 Would you like to change your name?
No, I would never like to change my name. I love my name as it is.

5 Do people in India ever change their names?
Yes, sometimes people change their name. Sometimes, when a girl gets married, her in-laws
give her a new name and start calling her by that name. However, it is a very cumbersome
process to change one’s name in papers.

6 What name do people at home (your family members) call you?
My nickname is Mohini. At home, everyone calls me by that name.

IELTS Speaking Questions Answers about Birthdays

1. How do children celebrate birthdays in your country?
Children celebrate birthdays in different ways. Some children invite friends and cut the cake.
Older children take their friends out for a party. Some people celebrate by donating to
charity.

2. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
I took my friends out for dinner at Rangla Punjab, a famous restaurant in the suburbs of my
hometown.

3. What kinds of birthday gifts do you like to receive?
I like to receive clothes, books, flowers as gifts. I take gifts as gestures of love. So I happily
accept anything that anybody brings for me.

4. Is there a difference between the way you celebrated your birthday in the past and the
present?
When I was younger, my mother used to make snacks at home and bake a cake. I used to
invite my friends, but now I prefer to take them out for lunch or dinner.

IELTS Speaking Questions Answers about Computer


1. Do you use the computer very much?
Yes, I use computers a lot. I have a laptop I use for my studies, to stay connected to my friends
and relatives living far away, to research on various topics, for entertainment, I watch movies and
play games.

2. When do you use a computer?
I use the computer every day at home, usually in the evenings and after dinner. I use it to research
for my assignments and to check my emails, check Facebook updates and post messages and
sometimes I use it to watch movies or play games.

3. What do you use the computer for?
I use it to research for my assignments and to check my emails, check Facebook updates and post
messages and sometimes I use it to watch movies or play games.

4. What was your impression when you used a computer the first time?
I remember the day when I used the computer the first time. I was in class 6 at that time. I vividly
remember how fascinated I was with the computer.

5. How did you learn to use a computer?
I learned to use a computer through school lessons. Later I got my own personal desktop at home
and I learned a little more by using it more at home. Now I have a laptop that I use regularly.

6. Have computers changed your life in any way (if yes, How?)?
Yes, definitely. Computers have changed my life. I am well connected with all my friends and
relatives, irrespective of which part of the world they are in. It has made the research work for my
assignments very convenient. I think it’s a very good source of entertainment and with the
Internet it is a boon for the humankind. Many everyday tasks can be done in a matter of a few
clicks and in a few seconds, be it banking, shopping, etc.

7. Are computers used much in your country?
Yes, the use of computers has increased greatly in my country. It is a common household
electronic equipment and almost all the workplaces make use of a computer, like in a grocery
store, bank, coffee shop, school, post office, etc.

8. Do you think computer is used in everyday life (how)?
Yes, computers are very useful in everyday life. We can pay our bills, book tickets, shop for
anything, set reminders, connect with relatives and friends, research, entertain ourselves, create
new things and do umpteen other things by using a computer.

9. Computers are now used a lot in education. What do you think of this?
I think it is the need of the day to make use of computers in education. It not only makes the
lessons more interesting, it also helps make the children more techno-savvy, as technology is used
in almost all fields.

10. Do you play computer games?
Yes, sometimes I play word games, puzzles or card games on my computer.

11. Do you think computers are perfect now or do they still need to be improved?
I think the computers technology, in terms of both hardware and software, keeps changing and
there is always something new that needs to be added as time passes. So, in the future, I can
foresee a lot of changes and improvements that are made to the computers.

IELTS Speaking Questions Answers about Being in a hurry

1. When was the last time you did something in a hurry?
The last time I did something in a hurry was two months ago. I remember my exams were
going on. I slept really late because I was studying and in the morning I did not hear the
alarm. So I got ready in a hurry and forgot my wallet at home.

2. Do you like to finish things quickly?
If I don’t like what I’m doing, then I like to finish things quickly. But, if I am enjoying what I’m
doing when I take my time.

3. What kind of things you would never do in a hurry?
I would never drive in a hurry, or cross the road in a hurry.

4. Why do people make mistakes more easily when they are in a hurry?
It is easy to make mistakes in a hurry because the mind is preoccupied and so it is easy to
forget certain things. That desire it has been rightly said that haste makes waste.

IELTS Speaking Questions Answers about Museums

1. Are there many (or any) museums in your hometown?
No, there are no museums in my hometown. That is on museum of our great martyr Bhagat
Singh, which is 30 km away. There is an another Sikh museum in Amritsar in Golden Temple.

2. Do you think museums are useful for visitors to your hometown/country?
Yes, museums are very useful for the visitors. Museums provide knowledge and information.
They also provide entertainment. Museums preserve a collection. Museums inspire people
to do things.

3. Do you often visit a museum?
No, I don’t often visit museums. I visited a science museum about a year ago. This museum
is also near my hometown.

4. Did you go to any museums when you were a child?
Yes, I saw the Sikh museum in the Golden Temple when I was a child. I also saw the Bhagat
Singh Museum during my school days. Our school organized an educational tour to this
museum.

5. When was the last time you visited a museum?
The last time I visited the Museum was about a year ago.

6. Do you think museums are important?
Yes, museums are very important. (as answer 2)

7. Do you think it’s suitable for museums to sell things to visitors?
No, I do not think museums should sell things to visitors. If museums start selling things
then the whole purpose of museums would be lost.
IELTS Speaking - Names, Museums, Being in a hurry and Birthdays IELTS Speaking - Names, Museums, Being in a hurry and Birthdays Reviewed by Unknown on November 12, 2017 Rating: 5