Describe a family member who made you proud - IELTS Speaking Part 2

  1. Who this person is
  2. When this happened
  3. What this person did
  4. And explain why you felt proud
A family gives us a feeling of belonging. All my family members are very loving and caring, and I’m proud of all of them. But here I would like to talk about a member who made me very proud. He is none other than my father. His name is Dayal Singh, and he’s in his mid-50s. He is tall and handsome and looks much younger than his age. He is my role model, and I admire him for many reasons, but here I would like to mention an incidence when he specially made me very proud. It so happened, that about six months ago, our neighbor Mr. Ram Singh met with an accident and was hospitalized. We went to the hospital, and we saw there were many of his near and distant relatives over there. The doctor came out after examining him and asked the relatives for blood. On hearing that, all the relatives seemed to vanish into thin air. My father went to the blood bank and donated blood. In exchange, we got a unit of blood for Mr. Ram Singh. I felt so proud of my father that he had selflessly stepped forward to help a needy neighbor. He did not think twice before donating blood. I wonder why many people are afraid of donating blood. It can save lives. 

Why do people forget that if today they will help others, they will get help when they will need? He has taught me many values that have made me a better person and a better citizen. I can never stop feeling proud to be his daughter/son.

Describe a family member who made you proud - IELTS Speaking Part 2


Follow Up Questions Describe a family member who made you proud - IELTS Speaking Part 2

1. What can children do to make their parents proud?
Children can do a lot. They can do well in studies, to make their parents proud. They can
do well in sports to make their parents proud. Simple acts like their children helping
others or being polite and respectful also make parents proud.

2. What did you do to make your parents proud when you were young?
I didn’t do anything special. I think my parents were proud of me because I worked hard
in studies, helped in household chores and never put unreasonable demands in front of
them.

3. What characteristics of yours make you proud?
I am proud of my hardworking and polite nature. I never speak rudely to anyone, and
always try to help others in any way I can.

4. When was the last time that you felt proud of yourself?
The last time I felt proud of myself was when I got good marks in my senior secondary
exams.
Describe a family member who made you proud - IELTS Speaking Part 2 Describe a family member who made you proud - IELTS Speaking Part 2 Reviewed by Unknown on November 12, 2017 Rating: 5