DESCRIBING A BOOK - IELTS Speaking Part 2

Describe a book you have enjoyed reading.


You should say:
  • What kind of book it is
  • How long it took you to read
  • What it is about


And explain why you have enjoyed reading it.



Answer:


Okay, I’m going to tell you about my favourite book – or books -- Harry Potter, because it’s a series. This book tells us about the adventures of a young wizard called Harry Potter – and his friends, Hermoine and Ron. I’ve read all the novels in the series, more than twice I assure you, and I guess it took me a few weeks to read each one from cover to cover.

The reason why I like these books is because, well, I’ve always been a great fan of fantasies. The author writes is a very vivid way. She describes [everything] so well, it makes my imagination get going – I really can imagine the fantasy world that the main characters live in.

I think that there are also some deeper themes that run through these books, like, you know, death, survival, love, oppression.

And every person I know has interpreted them in totally different ways. I really enjoy the adventures in each series – in each book. I love the fact that each book connects to the next one, and after you’ve read all seven, you can really see that the whole story was just well thought through. Obviously, I’ve seen all the films as well as, which were quite enjoyable, especially that you could just … what you had in your imagination, you could finally see on the screen. And I’m very disappointed that the whole adventure is all over. That’s it.
DESCRIBING A BOOK - IELTS Speaking Part 2 DESCRIBING A BOOK - IELTS Speaking Part 2 Reviewed by sdfdr on March 28, 2018 Rating: 5

1 comment:

  1. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic... ielts english course  

    ReplyDelete