How to Use Auxilary Model Verbs




In this exercise, You will learn and use the auxilary verbs/modal verbs Can, Could Con’t, Couldn’t  Must, Musn’t  and Needn’t . Fill in the blanks with the help of Options.

1. When tom was 16, he was a fast runner. He ______ run 200 metres in 22 seconds.
A) can b) could c) can’t d) couldn’t

2. I'm afraid i ______ come to your party next saturday.
A) can b) could c) can’t d) couldn’t

3. I'm not in a hurry. I've got plenty of time. I _______ wait.
A) can b) could c) can’t d) couldn’t

4. I was feeling terribly sick yesterday. I ________ eat anything.
A) can b) could c) can’t d) couldn’t

5. Can you speak loudly, please? I _______ hear you very well.
A) can b) could c) can’t d) couldn’t

6. "you look exhausted." "yes, i _________ sleep last night.
A) can b) could c) can’t d) couldn’t

1. This is a very precious book. You ________ lose it.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

2. He will be having lessons for another two hours. We _________ visit him now.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

3. You _________ wash those carrots. They've already been washed.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

4. We _______ hurry. We've got plenty of time.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

5. We have enough milk in the fridge so we __________ buy some more.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

6. This is a very great novel. You _______ read it.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

7. Time is not on our side. We _________ hurry.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

8. 'What kind of car do you want to buy? Something flashy?' 'well, it __________ be
Flashy - that's not important.'
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

9. Tim gave me a mail to send. I ___________ remember to mail it.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

10. Mary gave me a letter to post. I __________ forget to mail it.
A) must b) mustn't c) needn't

How to Use Auxilary Model Verbs How to Use Auxilary Model Verbs Reviewed by sdfdr on August 01, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: