Suggestions For IELTS Writing Task 1 - Step by Step IELTS Preparation

In Task 1 you will be asked to write a letter. Depending regarding who you are writing to, you dependence to see eye to eye whether to write in a more formal or a more informal style.

Most shadowy written communication in English uses a semi-formal style, where the manner is quite believe to be not guilty, but some more formal expressions are used. However, we use a more formal style also than wears regards writing for professional reasons or to people we don't know. We use an informal style gone people we know nimbly, for example, intimates members, intimates, connections or colleagues.





There are a number of differences in the middle of formal and informal English. For example, sentences are generally longer and more well along in formal writing. Language is often more impersonal, sometimes using passive voice. Vocabulary is often rotate too, then more words of Latin or French pedigree and fewer phrasal verbs. We don't use contractions in formal writing, whereas in informal writing, we use them all the become pass. Here are some features of both styles of writing:




Always begin by deciding who you are writing to. Should it be a formal or informal style? Never sticking to the two styles.


IELTS Writing 1 Tips


In Part 1 of the General Training Writing exam you are presented in imitation of a matter and you have to write a letter asking for instruction or explaining the situation.

  1. Read these tips to advance you respond ask 1.
  2. Make solution you respond the ask utterly. In the ask there will be keywords taking into account accustom, suggest, say picture. Make control not guilty you reach all the ask asks you to get.
  3. Look at the keywords in this scrutinize:
  4. You have a subsidiary job and can no longer attend your regular English class.



IELTS Writing Task 1 Sample Question


Write a letter to the English learned. In your letter: - describe the matter - footnote the encumbrance - publication what you would once to happen now that you cannot attend the lesson.

  • How would you tribute this ask? What are the key points to cover?
  • Why not attempt the task for yourself in the Comments section out cold? The educators will be looking at your answers and commenting but we wont be nimble to precise your show or have enough money you a band score. So comment below in this p.s. at free-ielts-download.blogspot.com blog to exact yourself.


IELTS Writing Task 1 Sample Answers


Dear Principal, As I had told you days before, I was looking for a better job. I delivered several request forms and yesterday I received a formal offer. That is what I was looking for since I came to this city. As I let you know in our last interview, I’m alone in this city and I requested a loan to the bank to pay the flat I share with other students. You know that I’m a persistent students and I really like the way you teach languages in this school. I especially like the approach you are applying and the materials teachers use to teach English and other languages. I wonder if there is not any disadvantage if I isolate classes for some months. During this time I can do home works or any other tasks required. If so, you just let me know what I have to do. Sincerely,


Dear Sir/Madam, I write you because I cannot attend your English class any longer. My new job is the reason why this situation happened.

Firstly, I have joined the Slovak police corp. As a sergeant, serving for Foreign police department, I cannot hold the class schedule. That explains why I was late and missed the classes in the last months. The work demands 12 hour-shifts every two days in a week. The night-shifts on the weekends are also obligatory. I need to alter my original schedule.

Secondly, I am satisfied with my job and regular financial stability. Considering my situation, however, I should also thank you for this all. If I did not attend your English class regularly, I would not be asked for the job.

Sum up my thoughts; I do not see myself without the English class. I write you to help me keep my attendance in the English class. I am well aware that all classes are full and any student´s class swapping is impossible this time. Nevertheless, I believe there must be any solution to my situation.

Thank you for your willingness and answer ahead.

With kind regards,




Is there the entire you deliver judgment hard approaching the use of formal and informal language? Share your questions and thoughts in the comment section out cold.
Suggestions For IELTS Writing Task 1 - Step by Step IELTS Preparation Suggestions For IELTS Writing Task 1 - Step by Step IELTS Preparation Reviewed by Unknown on October 07, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: