AN ITEM OF CLOTHING - IELTS Speaking Part 2

Right, that’s a tough one. I can’t say I really have a favourite item of clothing, but I’m going to talk about a T-shirt I bought on holiday when I was in Greece last summer. It was kind of a spontaneous decision. I was having a stroll buy the beach and … actually I was just looking for some sort of protective sun hat…but then I spotted this striking Tshirt.

I think it was the combination of blue and white colours, which resembled the Greek flag. But it wasn’t tacky or cheap-looking, like a typical souvenir T-shirt. Anyway, I decided to buy it there and to have as a reminder of my holiday. Why do I like it? Well, I wouldn’t say it’s the most fashionable item of clothing I own, but like I said, it reminds me of my holiday in Greece. Whenever I wear it, it just brings back memories of the sun, the sand, the sea and the wonderful food. I also like it because it
goes with all my other clothes – my jeans, trousers and jackets. And I can wear it practically anywhere – when I’m relaxing at home, when I’m out with my friends.

Anywhere except of course at a formal event, in which case I’d probably wear something more elegant. But generally I’m not really into formal clothes.


Describe a favourite item of clothing.


You should say:

  1. What it is
  2. When you bought it
  3. Why you bought it
  4. And say why you like it so much.


AN ITEM OF CLOTHING - IELTS Speaking Part 2 AN ITEM OF CLOTHING - IELTS Speaking Part 2 Reviewed by sdfdr on March 28, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments: